Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ESCOLTA at THE PENINSULA HOTEL, MANILA....






Recently renovated Neilsen's at the Manila Peninsula Hotel has opened once more.... under the name " ESCOLTA ".....


Today, I joined my son Iggy and his family for merienda at ESCOLTA to celebrate the 6th month birthday of little UNA... When we got there ...the main dining room was empty...... I found out from the maitre'd  that there was a photo shoot and we had to sit in another area.


This is the first time I have gone back to NEILSEN'S now ESCOLTA at the PEN... I noticed they have enlarged the whole place... the small lobby between SPICES ( the Indian restaurant at the Pen ).. and the old restaurant... was now a part of ESCOLTA... and I was very impressed with what I saw...



Its interiors are contemporary with Filipino motifs--- cane-backed chairs, fish-trap lightings and contemporary artworks by local artists.




I liked one of the paintings there and when I went closer to see who painted it ... this scene " ESCOLTA " was done by Dominic Rubio... whose forte are paintings of " OLD ASIA ". Women dressed in elegant  terno blouses, his signature striped indigo tapis-skirts and ankle-length pleated undergowns.. while men are dressed according to their social status.


We ordered coffee and pastry ... here is what we ordered....


I highly recommend their "ESCOLTA" ricotta baked cheese cake --- it had limoncello liquor and was served with basil sorbet..


I paired it off with their hazelnut cappuccino ... which was very good... and it came with a slice of fruit cake ....  the fruit cake was moist unlike other places.


Iggy ordered brewed coffee...


and Cris tried their iced Raspberry Latte....  a shot of espresso with raspberry puree topped with whipped cream and fresh raspberry...


I will be back to try their buffet lunch ( 1100 PHP ++ ) or dinner buffet ( 1200 PHP ++ )... what about you.... have you been to the new ESCOLTA at the PEN???




The Peninsula Hotel 
1226 Makati Avenue corner Ayala Avenue
Makati

tel. nos. (632) - 887 - 2888

No comments:

Post a Comment