Wednesday, April 7, 2010

EASTER Brunch at Brasserie Boheme






BRASSERIE BOHEME is located in the heart of Makati City is a restaurant managed by THE GUSTAVIAN group--- which runs a chain of restaurants in Manila and Cebu...... The restaurant is located on the ground floor of the Picasso Serviced Residence  ( formerly known as the BLANCO Center ) along Leviste street in Salcedo Village. It is a block away from the Salcedo Market. According to Chef Mason, Brasserie Boheme just opened its doors to the public in November 2009.




Iggy, Cris and I decided to celebrate our Easter Brunch at Brasserie Boheme. As we entered the place we immediately noticed the bright interiors of the place. The couches looked very comfortable. The place exudes a charm that is undeniably chic and upscale.  I personally liked the ambience of the place... It is perfect for those intimate lunches or dinners with the family or friends. What I noticed also was their impressive wine collection at the far end of the room.


I also noticed that on the other half of the Brasserie they also had a small deli. Although their deli does not carry a wide variety of meats and cheeses --- it was good enough to service the needs of the Salcedo Vilage neighborhood.




Cris and I decided to get their Menu du Jour ( set menu for the day ). I was surprised to find out that their set lunch menu was 390 ++  PHP---- which means you may select one appetizer, one main course and a dessert.  Not bad at all!!!!!!  My meal could have easily cost me double in other more well known restaurants.... Their price is very reasonable and I am sure it will cater to the lunch crowd during weekdays who are mostly office people. The Menu du Jour selection changes every month.

Here is what we all ordered....

Cris had....


BEEF GAZPACHO SALAD ...


Little Una had her share of the salad too.....


SALMON FILLET..


for dessert Cris chose MANGO CREPE...

Iggy was not feeling well so he opted for a simple brunch sandwich instead. He ordered hot lemonade and a  SALMON & EGG CROISSANT SANDWICH. 



I chose.....


SHITAKE MUSHROOM SOUP.. which was very thick and creamy.. I recommend this soup.


TUNA NICOISE SALAD..


LAMB CURRY with JASMINE RICE..  I love this dish ----- the meat was so soft and tender.. The curry sauce was just right.... But I only have one suggestion --- which I told Chef Mason--- I would rather have BASMATI RICE instead of Jasmine Rice for this dish. I think that Basmati Rice would taste better with the lamb curry.


for dessert I had STRAWBERRY CREPE.


I would definitely recommend Brasserie Boheme to my friends... It is very accessible during weekends.. You can park your car right in front of the restaurant. The meals at the Brasserie Boheme are very tasty and reasonable. Just a few months old, this new eating place called Brasserie Boheme has become a favorite among the Salcedo Village lunch crowd...

WHY NOT GO AND TRY IT OUT FOR YOURSELF..... 



WHERE TO EAT:

BRASSERIE BOHEME

The Gustavian Picasso Boutique Hotel
119 L.P. Leviste Street, Salcedo Village
Makati City
tel. nos.   ( 02 ) 403 4774 and  ( 02 ) 828 1506

No comments:

Post a Comment