Thursday, November 24, 2011

MAMOU on my mind !






I am definitely a CERTIFIED MEAT LOVER!! I love discovering new places that serves good steaks --So far--- I have only 2 places that would come into my mind when the word STEAK is mentioned... MAMOU at Serendra, Bonifacio Global City and I AM ANGUS at Yakal Street. These places KNOW THEIR BUSINESS when it comes to STEAKS! MAMOU is not exactly a new find for me.... I discovered MAMOU in Serendra a few years ago through my friend, Germs, and we had been going there at least once a month for our STEAK BINGE. MAMOU is usually very busy during lunch so we would always try to get there before the lunch crowd would come in... Annie Gutierrez, a friend and co-owner of Mamou would manage to have a small table for us every time we go to MAMOU. 


Recently I was at the Power Plant with my son, Iggy and his wife Cris, for a meeting and we decided to have dinner in that area. Cris suggested we try MAMOU TOO. She heard good reviews about MAMOU TOO. I told her I have been dining at MAMOU at Serendra and if it is the same one --- IT MUST BE GOOD!! 


As soon as we got there --- I asked one of the waiters if MAMOU TOO was a branch of Serendra -- when they said it was... I immediately knew what to order.... I did not even have to look through their menu... I knew exactly what I wanted..

We all shared:

MAMOU TOO'S GREEN SALAD --- tossed greens with cherry tomatoes, anchovies and lemon dressing. 


ANGUS RIB EYE - I asked for the 800 grams cut which is good for 3 - 4 persons -- and asked them to make our steak Medium Rare... MAMOU TOO did not disappoint me!!! It was perfectly cooked! Seared on the outside and pink on the inside! You do not need to put sauce to your steak.... it was very juicy! I just loved it! Mamou's steaks are SUPERB!



I ordered STEAK RED RICE and CREAMED SPINACH as our side dishes- do not forget to order their famous steak red rice... it is to die for!!!! It had small crispy cubes of left over fat from your steak..... I highly recommend the steak red rice.


for dessert we had the KEY LIME PIE with whipped cream



MAMOU is definitely a winner when it comes to mouth-watering steaks!! A bit on the pricey side but it is worth the extra pound you gain after dining in Mamou... Don't forget the name.... MAMOU TOO for the best tasting steaks in Manila!! MAMOU .... you will be always on my mind!



MAMOU

Unit 1C - 15 G/F Serendra, Fort Bonifacio Heights, Fort Bonifacio, Philippines
telephone: +632-856-3569 or +632-909-5741
mobile: +63917-8162668


MAMOU TOO !

L R1 148A, Rockwell Power Plant Mall, Makati City
telephone: +632-822-6218
mobile: +63917-8062668
email: mamou@info.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment