Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our First Family Christmas Celebration....




MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!

Christmas for my family isn't anything fancy. We get together as a family and do away with all the frills. My only requirement is REALLY GOOD FOOD!...

This year we all decided to celebrate our first Christmas dinner in my daughter-in-law's house since her place was more spacious than my home. One Sunday dinner we all agreed on a color scheme which was Black for my eldest son's family, gray for my youngest son's family and I would be in a color that would stand out .. I chose red..

After 2 weeks planning what to serve on Christmas Eve... We all decided to have an early start to set up the camera equipment and food on the table.. I wanted it to be a POT LUCK dinner wherein my children will prepare at least two dishes each...

I asked my eldest son to prepare the pica-pica and some wine. My youngest son decided on the main course and dessert, and I brought in the main course.

In case you are interested in ordering some of the goodies we had on our Christmas dinner -- I will post the contact numbers/ and prices to make it easier for all of you.

Here are the food we served on Christmas Eve:



My youngest son ( Iggy ) and his  wife ( Cris ) brought 3 dishes to share... a spinach-stuffed tomatoes, the best carrot cake I have tried .

They ordered from February Homemade Cakes and Treats... contact person is Tintin Sevilla ( 926-0041 or 0917-790-8967 ).  You can call at least 2 to 3 days in advance. They have pick-up points in Quezon City, Ortigas and the Makati pick-up point can be arranged.

" Red Temptations " ( it is a spinach-stuffed tomatoes dish )... costs PHP 525 for 8 pieces.



" Orange Fever " ( carrot cake ) - PHP 700 for a 7-inch cake



Arugula Salad with a secret " IGGY Dressing " which was prepared by Iggy himself.

                              



Maite, my older son, Tommie's wife prepared the hors d'ouvres which was a cheese platter and something new... CAVIAR PIE...




Cheese Platter



This one is so yummy!!! You can order it from Melissa's Caviar Pie. A small pie ( 4 inch pie is PHP 1,200 and a bigger pie 6 inch pie is PHP 2,200 ).

Telephone number - 383-2832 or 0927- 550-9072.
address: 1211 Acacia Road
              Dasmarinas Village, Makati

and I brought ...



" Bagnet " ( roast pork ) with the special sauce " Lasuna " ----- which consists of liquid shrimp paste ( bagoong Balayan, chopped spring onions and little red onions ). The Bagnet is ordered from Ilocos , PHP 450 per kilo.



Chicken Relleno which I ordered from Lydia Lerma ( 0917-440-5106 ). PHP 950 for a large chicken.



Baked Apple Pie PHP 950 for a 9-inch pie. I got this also from Lydia Lerma.

There is still time to order for your New Year's Eve dinner...



HAPPY EATING EVERYONE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment