Sunday, August 15, 2010

Celebrating a milestone at RED- Shangrila, Makati






RED is a very sophisticated yet cozy fine dining restaurant located at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel. It boasts of French-inspired menu with a touch of Asian influence. Though the food is a quite pricey, the artistic and imaginative way Red serves its dishes make it a great eating experience. Red opened its doors to the public in 2003 and through word of mouth--- this restaurant has been a  "MUST TRY " for every serious food lover's list...



It is not everyday that I get to indulge in fancy dining...but today is different... I am going to celebrate a milestone with a dinner at the Red with my family and very close friends... The first thing that entered my mind was... Why did they call this fine dining restaurant at Shangri-La named Red??.... Is it because of the red upholstery of the furniture in the resto??... I sent text messages to my invited guests to come in black , gray or white... not RED.. or they might blend with the interiors of the restaurant...





My children did all the planning for this party.... Iggy had a photo session with my grandchildren to do a video for me... Maite, my daughter-in-law, did all the reservations for this event since I was still in the States when I decided to have a small intimate celebration with my family and some very close friends ( Edith, Germs, Oskie and Ernie ).  I was glad that she was able to book us all in a private room at RED.





I decided not to order a SET MENU but let everyone order Ala Carte... so let me share with you some of what we had that night. To set the mood right.... we ordered wine to go with our meals!!! This is what I call HEAVEN!!!

Iggy had the DEGUSTACION dinner .. which started with


Tuna Tartare with scallops and prawns


Grilled turbot on the bone with aubergine-tomato compote


Potato filled panzotti with cottage cheese and parmesan, dried fruit and coconut vinagrette

his main course was


Beef Cheeks with caramelized pumpkin, truffled mashed potato and red port wine sauce

and the dessert was


Oven roasted pineapple with licorice root, flamed with Pernod and tonka bean ice cream

Maite had Foie Gras with  caramelized apples and Beef Cheeks.


Tommie ordered Beef Carpaccio with Black Truffles, Lobster Bisque


and Black Angus Tenderloin


Edith had Caesar salad with Parma Ham


 Lobster Bisque and Seafood Pasta


Cris had Beef Carpaccio with Black Truffles and Black Angus Sirloin Steak


I ordered Creamed Spinach with Parma Ham and Black Truffles.


and for my main course.... Maine Lobster with Black Truffles and Potato Gnocchi.


Ernie had Lobster Bisque and the Maine Lobster with truffles.


Germs and Oskie had Rack of Lamb with Foie Gras


After dinner.... my children presented a little video presentation of MY LIFE... and we had the usual opening of the gifts....... the gifts that I received last night were very nice.....



Another year has past... another year will be coming... Thank you all for such a wonderful evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment