Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My GARLIC ROASTED CRAB RECIPE





The Crustacean Restaurant in California are famous for their garlicky roasted cracked crab-- which is a highly guarded " secret recipe ". I would like to share with you another recipe which I concocted as a great substitute. It is my version of the garlic crab which I had at the Crustacean.

YOU couldn't  ask for a simpler or more successful dish. As long as you can get fresh Dungeness crabs. If you can't find any in your area --- you can use other types of crabs like stone crabs, blue crabs, lobsters or the "alimango " for the Filipino cooks...( as long as they are SALT WATER crabs).

INGREDIENTS:

4 - 5 cloves of garlic ( pounded with their skins on )
1 stick of unsalted butter
6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 dungeness crabs ( cooked and cracked ) ** since we do not have dungeness crabs in the Philippines... you can substitute the dungeness with our very own alimango..
rock salt
coarsley cracked pepper corns
3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup parsley ( chopped fine )

DIRECTIONS:

+ Preheat oven  to 500 degrees.

+ In a large oven-proof pan ---Saute butter and olive oil. Add the garlic to the
   melted the butter and olive oil mixture. Add Set aside.

+ Prepare the crabs... break the crab legs from the body. Cut the crabs into 2 sections per crab. DO NOT remove the meat from the shell.

+ Stir in crabs into the hot butter, garlic and olive oil mixture. Add salt, pepper and lemon to taste. Toss everything well.

+ Bake the crabs for 6 minutes... Toss well again... to make sure all the  crabs are coated with the butter/garlic mixture. Bake again for another 6 minutes until the garlic is brown.

+ Remove from oven and toss parsley into the crab.

+ Serve immediately.

HAPPY COOKING everyone!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I love this dish especially whenever I visit my relatives in Zambales who really likes to make this dish. I don't know about Filipino dishes but it really makes me want to eat everytime I see them.

    ReplyDelete