Thursday, January 20, 2011

Celebrating Cris' Birthday at Cru Steakhouse





It was the birthday of Cris that day and Iggy wanted to surprise her with a lovely dinner. He had me call the restaurant to make reservations for 3 that evening. Dinner had to be early because it was also the same day I was leaving for Egypt... and I had asked them to bring me to the airport that evening. Cris had no inkling as to where we were planning to eat--- all she knew was--- she was going to bring me to the airport that evening... and we will have a quick bite somewhere before my departure. I have been hearing raves about this luxurious restaurant which pride themselves of serving the tastiest beef in town.

Cru is located at the ground floor of the brand new Marriott Hotel near Resort World. Marriott Hotel is a quick 15 minute drive from the Makati and Global City Taguig.



I was immediately impressed the moment I entered Cru. The lights were dim and the whole place exuded a certain level of warmth which makes you feel at ease. There were booths with couches and individual lounge chairs.






According to the maitre d' who came to get out orders, their beef is aged for 21 days. So I quickly looked thru their menu and we all decided that we take the set dinner menu for the evening. Since it was Cris' birthday, Iggy ordered a bottle of white wine.



They gave us complimentary bread which we loved!! The spinach bread was so soft inside and crunchy outside--- you could tell how fresh it was!


Here is what we had :



Our appetizer started with different kinds of cheese that came from Davao.


Duo of Cream Soup -- it was half cream of onion with cinnamon and pumpkin soup topped with cherry tomato. This was good! They offered us some cracked pepper to enhance its flavor but I thought that the soup itself was very tasty and did not need any more spice to it.


Prawns, Apple Mango Salad



Chateaubriand Steak - they used US Prime ( Black Angus ). The sidings that came with it was gorgonzola -herbed roasted baby potatoes, oven baked tomato with bread crumbs with port wine sauce. The steak was cooked perfectly ( I ordered rare ), still the beef was very tender and tasty. I suggest that you do not put any steak sauce to fully savor the flavor of the beef.

For our dessert we had Apple and rhubarb crumble with sauce anglaise and cinnamon flavored ice cream. This is yummy!!! you should try this out!



If there are special occasions, do not hesitate to tell the staff in advance because they will surprise you with something! They even sang the birthday song for Cris!!


What I liked about the Cru Restaurant is its ambience. Although it is a bit dark with lots of wood and red velvet , the lighting is perfect. The open fire from the grill area in the middle of the restaurant gives it a lovely glow to the place. I would definitely come back to Cru and try out their US Prime Rib!! I found another good restaurant serving steaks cooked PERFECTLY!! Whether you are looking for a great steak dinner or celebrating a special occasion, you will love to do it over a great meal at Cru Steakhouse. I recommend you go there and try it out for yourself!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRIS!!! and Thank you Iggy for treating me that night!!

CRU STEAKHOUSE


Marriott Hotel Manila
No. 10 Newport Boulevard, Newport City Complex, Pasay City
Manila, Philippines


tel. nos. 632 988 9999

No comments:

Post a Comment