Wednesday, May 12, 2010

MOM & TINA'S Bakery Cafe- Sweets for my Sweet tooth





Desserts for me has always been synonymous with the words " sweets ".... ( I am a sweet tooth lover! ).. but it does not always have to be that way.  A visit to Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe -- an American country-style cafe proved me wrong.  It had a huge selection of baked goodies that are truly delicious to the the taste and very tempting to the eyes.From what I gathered during my visit to this cafe--- they started as a small bakery cafe in Pasig.


Upon entering the cafe, it was like you are in a whole new environment, from urban to country-style and homey one. The design interiors struck me first as being classy with their country theme. It had warm lighting and wooden furnishings.  Their interiors reminded me of the home interiors in the television show " A little house in the prarie ".




Apart from that you will smell the aroma of baked goodies. There are couches and even dining tables that you usually see at home. The wallpaper gives you a welcoming vibe that will surely make you relax  and enjoy their food. I thought this place would be very expensive but browsing through the menu and having seen the items served, I found them just right for the price.



Their line-up of desserts and sweets include brownies, pies, cupcakes, cookies to name a few. Their price is reasonable, averaging from 150 php per dish.



They also sell baked goodies in boxes and jars that would make great party desserts or gifts.


Mom and Tina's  also have a nice array of refrigerated cakes, sugar-free versions of some of the treats, cookies and squares. It was pure bliss to wash them down with brewed coffee. I recommend you try their White Toblerone Walnut Torte and Strawberry Trifle Cups.

I noticed that most of their cakes are served on a baking pan.  At first glance you would think it was a bit small but believe me it was large enough really!


This was my first time to come here I asked Iggy do the ordering --Since they offer a lot of food, from starters to desserts, it was very hard to choose what to try first. After 10 minutes or so of looking at their menu and display cases and talking with Iggy on what I should order this is what I had...

All time filipino breakfast using U.S. Beef Tapa 175 PHP


Iggy ordered his favorite... Callos  175 PHP. Iggy loved his callos.. He told me -- everytime he would come to Mom & Tina -- this was what he would order.


Cris had Meat Lasagna  150 PHP.... it looked like it had a lot of melted cheese on top of the lasagna.


for dessert we shared their Mango Walnut Torte   85 PHP... this was very good... you should try this one!


Overall , the place is cozy and clean. The little furnishing accents of old wooden clocks, figurines and old lamps are big pluses for me, ambience wise.  Their staff is friendly and accomodating. The service was fast and the food is more than good. It was quite a surprise that most of the desserts here at Mom and Tina's emphasized more on the creamy rich flavor without giving you a dose of sugar overload. I noticed among the patrons there... are the sugar-free variants for health conscious people who don't want to scrimp on the taste.



 I will definitely come back to try their other dishes. 



MOM and TINA's Bakery Cafe


Ground Floor, Tropical Palm Plaza Bldg.
Perea cor. De la Rosa Street, Legaspi Village ( behind Allied Bank Bldg. )
Makati

No comments:

Post a Comment