Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day with my family





" A Mother carries the child in her womb for nine months and in her heart for the rest of her life ".

                                   HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU !!

These few words sum up the meaning and significance of the word.... MOTHER. It is undoubtedly the most beautiful and lovable word in any language. It stands for the sacrifices, pain, grief and sorrows she has to undergo to keep her children happy and secure. No joy can match the joy of a mother looking at her child.


I celebrated Mother's Day with my family in Tommie and Maite's place. We had the usual potluck -- and most important of all----- bonding time with my family.




Maite did her own version of the caviar pie--- which everyone enjoyed.. I thought it was a lot better than the pie we ordered last time.  Tommie served champagne.


I brought callos ( which was an old time favorite at home ).


and I ordered Chicken relleno from Lydia Lerma. Lydia takes orders for chicken relleno ... you just have to call her at least a day in advance.... She lives in Salcedo Village.


Maite baked some cupcakes for dessert.... I am lucky to have a daughter in law that knows how to cook and bake!!!!


Mother's Day is bonding time with my family... especially with my grandchildren...



 so how was your Mother's Day????

No comments:

Post a Comment