Thursday, June 10, 2010

JAZZ CONCERT at the park featuring Oleta Adams





The Valley Cultural Center opened its 31st season of the concerts in the park featuring Oleta Adams as its finale number. She sang her signature song " GET THERE " as her last song that evening. These concerts are free and they usually begin at 4:00pm when the weather cools down. It ends at 8:00pm. Since the opening of the Concerts at the Park coincided with the Art Faire,  Lulu, Ernie and I were there at 11:00am to set up his little booth.




People would go there with their beach chairs, snacks and even lay their beach blankets and sit on the ground. If you do not want to get hassled into bringing food --- there are lots of food that will be available at the concert grounds.




This is not my first time to do this.. I have been going with my friends to the concerts at the park every year when I visit Los Angeles. All those times I have gone to these concerts --- I would enjoy listening to the performers. Majority of these performers would be jazz artists.




This year's schedule -- will be very interesting. I heard that some of the performers like GARY PUCKETT ( singer of the 60's -- who sang  " Young Girl ", " Over You " etc. ), ERIC BURTON and the Animals ( one of the leaders of the rock invasion of the 60's will rock the crowd with their " We gotta get out of this place ", the PLATTERS will sing their famous hits throughout the decades. " Only You" and " The Great Pretender " will be included in their repertoire. The Beatles tribute band, TICKET TO RIDE,  will perform many of the Fab Four's classic hits like " I want to hold your hand ", " Hey Jude ", Eight days a week " etc.  They will be also dressed in the Beatles costume. 

After watching the concert, Ernie, Lulu and I went over to California Pizza Kitchen ( otherwise known as CPK )...



Lulu and I had BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad


and Ernie had his Steak Tacos !!


It was a long day for all of us but we came home happy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment