Sunday, February 13, 2011

Celebrating Valentine's at HAI SHIN LOU Seafood King Restaurant



Hai Shin Lou is not a new Chinese restaurant... and a lot of people have already eaten here at least once for a meal... This is my second visit to this Chinese restaurant...My first time to go to this restaurant  was last month with some friends for dinner. I enjoyed what we ordered for dinner so I decided to treat my family to dinner and celebrate Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day at Hai Shin Lou. I found out later ---  that Hai Shin Lou is managed by Ben Chong-- the same guy who managed another favorite Chinese restaurant of mine....  the original Jade Garden in Greenbelt 1. I wondered--- will Hai Shin Lou live up to my expectations of what Jade Garden was a long time ago???



Hai Shin Lou Seafood King,  according to my friends,  is a surprisingly popular Chinese restaurant here in Makati located along Arnaiz Avenue ( formerly Pasay Road ).  I have been hearing nothing but positive reviews about this restaurant but I never thought of eating in this restaurant because .... every time I would pass by the restaurant on way way to work-- I would see so many cars parked outside....so I would advise that you call and make reservations early.




The ambience of the place was OK... not too grand like other Chinese restaurants I have gone to... but their service was exquisite. The furnishings at this restaurant had a less environmental flair than that of Peking Garden and Choi in Greenhills. In each of the big tables had a simple lazy Susan, plain white walls and aquariums in the background.




Two weeks ago,  I asked Maite, my daugther in law, to make the reservations and give in our order. The food which I ordered in advance was delicious, generous with their servings and very consistent. Let these pictures I took of our dinner below do the talking ...

Here was what we had:

PEKING DUCK ( 2 ways ) - I loved their Peking duck.... especially the pancakes which they individually wrapped the sliced meat... it was very thin unlike other Chinese restaurants... their wrapper nearly melts in your mouth.. You should try this dish !!!







MINCED DUCK WITH LETTUCE


SPARERIBS WITH SALT AND PEPPER - another simple looking dish but it tasted good! Another must try!


CHINESE FRIED RICE WITH SALTED FISH


KAILAN WITH GARLIC


and for dessert we had ALMOND JELLY WITH LYCHEE




Whenever I get the craving for Peking duck --- I will definitely come back to Hai Shin Lou.... I enjoyed their Peking Duck. Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!!!


HAI SHIN LOU SEAFOOD KING RESTAURANT


810 Arnaiz Avenue, ( formerly Pasay Road )
Makati City


tel. nos.  752 7433
              892 5148
              813 8491

No comments:

Post a Comment