Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My adventure to Hanoi ( Part 7 ) NGOAI O Restaurant- Hanoi's best kept secret



CHAO MUNG DEN HANOI !!
( Welcome to Hanoi )



It was Tom, our guide's turn to bring us to a good local restaurant ... where the locals dine. He wrote down the name of the restaurant for me... it was NGOAI O Restaurant. One thing that made me want to see this place was how he described the place... It was like eating in the countryside... Upon entering the restaurant --- the decor of the place was very ethnic with the hut and bamboo furniture.



The restaurant is so small -- it had only a few tables inside.. but I noticed that the people dining were all locals... To me that was a good sign !!  I was going to have good Vietnamese cuisine at very low prices. I asked our guide to do the ordering since he frequents this place with other tourists who wants to sample good Vietnamese cooking..





Before ordering our main course... they served us boiled corn and corn tea... It was my first time to taste corn tea... it was good!!


and Oskie ordered Saigon beer. I had a bottle of coke instead. They do not have COKE light nor COKE Zero in Hanoi.


Here was what we had..

Sweet and Sour grated salad with Lotus rootstock with shrimps.... I loved this!!!


Fresh spring rolls with pork. Instead of the usual fish sauce.... they gave us tamarind sauce..  The tamarind sauce is a MUST TRY!! Although I did not like the wrapper... they used lumpia wrapper instead of the rice paper which was soft.


Stewed carp fish... it looked like our " talimusak " --- a fish that you can get in Baguio.


Crispy fried soft shell crab...


Ngoai O Restaurant will be an ideal place to enjoy many traditional dishes. You must try this restaurant when you go to Hanoi.

CHAO TAM BIET!!



NGOAI O Restaurant

19 Nguyen Gia Thieu Street
Hoan Kiem District
Hanoi

No comments:

Post a Comment