Tuesday, February 23, 2010

CORNER TREE CAFE- a diary of a NON VEGGIE EATER !!




I always like to hangout with my son Iggy and Cris... since all of us are into photography and being  adventurous when it comes to food....... but sometimes I get myself into tight situations like today... I still try to make the best out of a bad situation... at least... I TRIED!!!!

and this is my story....

Iggy called me and asked me if I wanted to have lunch with them... He was coming from a photo shoot in Tagaytay . Cris and I were going to meet him at this new place he " discovered " ...  called  CORNER TREE CAFE ".... little did I know... this restaurant ONLY serves VEGAN dishes.... OH NO!!! I am not a VEGAN... I do not like VEGGIES ... and  I am the farthest thing from being a vegetarian. I am the exact opposite of a vegetarian ( I think )... every time I am offered veggies I would always answer " I AM NOT A GOAT!!  please pass the meat over here !" I would set aside the veggies on my plate or pass them to the one sitting next to me......   Yes, I LOVE FOOD.... in all forms.... BUT.... this will be my first time to try VEGETARIAN food...what will I order here ???? Will I survive this meal??? ME??? a NON- veggie eater eating in a VEGETARIAN restaurant?? I started to go into PANIC MODE!! I was  scared maybe because it was JUST VEGETABLES and I would still end up hungry at the end of the meal....

Too late to back out now!!! I was already on my way to the restaurant when I found out what  kind of food was being served. I just had to psych myself ... telling myself..." EVERYTHING will be fine.... I will not transform into a GOAT or at worst would end up looking like YODA of  STAR WARS!!! ".... I just prayed that there was going to be something in the menu that I would like to eat or go HUNGRY !!!!  ........" Veggie for lunch??? this better be good IGGY !! ".... was all I could say.



after looking at their menu here is what we ordered..


Iggy and Cris shared the BAKED TOFU WALNUT BURGER  (  260 PHP ) - It is a burger patty made of baked tofu and walnuts and served in a whole wheat bun slathered with mint yogurt sauce and sweet potato fries and mayo on the side. Iggy asked for tomato catsup and they gave him ORGANIC tomato catsup ( HEINZ ).. You can also  add Gruyere ( 35 PHP ) , Cheddar Cheese ( 30 PHP ) or Fried onions ( 25 PHP ) with your tofu burger.


I had SPINACH FETA CROQUETTES ( 285 PHP - for 6 pcs ) -  is made of fresh spinach, feta cheese and organic red rice, served in mint yogurt sauce.

My comments about CORNER TREE CAFE.....

It was an eye - opener for me to the world of vegetarian food... Thank God I didn't turn green nor did I transform into a goat! I have always thought vegetarian food was mostly composed of vegetables and everything they eat was bland. But that has all changed just going thru their selection of vegetarian dishes on the menu. I was able to choose something I wanted to eat! ...being a non - veggie eater... I SURVIVED that meal!! he he he!

Since he was treating ... Iggy made a comment that the price was a little high for the portion that was served to us.


.... I must admit that I enjoyed my vegetarian food !!!!!!!! Indeed it was tasty and really satisfying! 




CORNER TREE CAFE

150 Jupiter Street
Bel - Air, Makati

tel.nos.   897 0295
             ( 0917 )  848 - 1004
             ( 0916 )  614 - 9927

1 comment: